The Vampire Diaries - Season 1


Early April, on a whim, I decided to watch the pilot of a show Netflix recommended under "TV Drama with a Strong Female Lead."

I have two friends who are completely encapsulated in this world but I couldn't be bothered. I was watching Angel, re-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer sporadically, and everything but this.

After watching the pilot, I was completely hooked!!

The acting is solid, the plotlines convoluted but with resolution, the effects amazing, and not to mention how attractive everyone is.

Season one was absolutely most thrilling ride I've had in years while watching a TV show! Joss Whedon's shows have heart but they are nowhere as delicious as the treat Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson cooked up for their viewers.

There is something so delectable about watching Ian Somehalder embody Damon Salvatore. The delivery of his dialogue, those smile lines, those gorgeous crow's feet at the edge of his eyes, the way his eyes open wide and close when he's flirting with Nina Dobrev's character, and especially when he's shirtless - Ian Somehalder is absolutely fantastic in this role! I'm so proud and happy for him!

In terms of Damon Salvatore, the evolution of his character and how he grows to become likable from the beginning to the end of the season is pure gold. My favorite line of dialogue of his is, "I came back to destroy this town. Now, I kinda want to protect it." Well said, sir!

However, Season 2 awaits (spoiler alert) Katherine wreaking havoc on Mystic Falls. I can't wait to dig in this season!

Frakkin' amazing show.

Comments

Popular Posts