Wes Craven’s new films

The director of my favorite horror movie of all time, A Nightmare on Elm Street, has come back from…wherever he was. According to the Internet Movie Database, the last thing he directed (apart from a short excerpt in Paris Je T’aime) was the forgettable Red Eye with Cillian Murphy and Rachel McAdams. The premise for My Soul to Take is interesting enough but I’m wary because I see elements of the Nightmare movie, especially with the hallucinations/dreams. As a Wes Craven fan, it is my duty to support his films even when they are not so good. When this film is released, I’ll make an effort to watch it. If I don’t have the opportunity to see it in 3D, I’ll be satisfied with renting it via Netflix.

My Soul to Take (2010)
















And Scream 4 has yet to have an official trailer released. When the trailer is out, it’s on, like Donkey Kong! I absolutely love the first in the franchise and enjoyed the others equally. But the first one will be the best for me. I think teaming up with Kevin Williamson will be a fantastic match with the fourth film in the Scream franchise. It’ll bring it back to its roots and then the young’ns will know how Wes Craven do. Bring some fun and scare back into horror; not this M. Night Shyamalan Devil wanna be crap. Craven is the real deal.

If you want to watch his roots, watch his first feature ever, The Last House on the Left, which was so raw, I felt icky all over after watching the film. The movie was very much in the exploitation style of that era but also very powerful. Definitely not for the squeamish, this picture makes you think. The remake lost its social commentary but was respectful to the original. I can’t wait for Scream 4!



The Last House on the Left (1972)


Comments

Popular Posts